Monday, August 31, 2009

Girl's Camp

One of my favorite things to do during the year is work at our stake's girl's camp - Camp Ritchie.  For the last 3 years, I take a week off in the summer, head up into the Sierras to Bear River Reservoir, leave the world behind, and help to run the 100 foot rappelling rock and climbing wall.  I never get tired of it - we work from 9-6 every day out on the top of the cliff rappelling girls down and belaying them at the climbing wall - helping the girls accomplish something like this is incredible!  So many girls think they cannot do it - and are a little nervous - and they discover they can -it is so cool!
 
Here I am on the top of the cliff - overlooking the reservoir - don't worry - I'm all hooked in

Kathy Jackson worked in rappelling with me for half of the week - she defected to waterfront the second half... :-)

Steve Huseman worked rappelling and Paul Schuler was the man in charge - 

No comments: